The Student Voice Lead will be a key contact for both staff and students across the College. The post holder will maintain a highly visible presence across the curriculum areas and the campus, working to enhance the overall college experience for all students. To ensure that the College provides an outstanding climate for learning which is both supportive and reflective of our values.
- To plan, promote and support student representative elections, increasing awareness and participation amongst students.
- To plan, prepare and support the delivery of induction and training for the Student Executive and all student representatives.
- To build relationships with students and advocate their views, opinions and needs.
- To oversee the Student Executive; the student voice at the college.
- To develop a broad understanding of the student dynamics within the College and to work actively with individuals and groups of students to develop a supportive and friendly environment.
- To be the lead facilitator of student voice reports that track and highlight current student experiences, views and impacts.
- To work with the Enrichment Lead and the Assistant Principal Quality to monitor and regularly review participation in enrichment activities. To provide reports where required.
- To support the learner journey and work to ensure that all students of Macclesfield College have a smooth, valuable and positive experience from all parts of the learner journey.
- To promote the principle of partnership between students and staff to continuously drive towards outstanding levels of education.
- Support students to campaign on the issues that matter to them.
- To promote and encourage students to develop employability and leadership skills and collectively support student engagement and retention.
- To plan, prepare and support the delivery of a range of activities for the Student Executive and the wider student body.
Macclesfield College is a leading provider of Further Education and Higher Education in the North West of England. Macclesfield College is part of a modern, inspiring campus providing education to learners of all ages and abilities. Based in East Cheshire, the College offers free secure campus parking and excellent transport links.
Recognised as a ‘Good’ College at its November 2017 Ofsted inspection. Our mission is simple- “Empowerment through learning”.
Macclesfield College has just been confirmed as the overall best- performing FE institution within the key Cheshire and Warrington sub-region, according to the latest statistics published in the National Achievement Rate Tables.
Furthermore, on 5th April 2019, Macclesfield College was proud to be awarded winners of the ‘Business and Education’ category of the East Cheshire Chamber of Commerce Awards.
For further details contact Human Resources on 01625 410007, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please visit the Macclesfield College Website and download the relevant forms.
Organisation: Macclesfield College
Location: Macclesfield, Cheshire
Salary: £18,461 per annum
Posted date: 30/06/2021
Closing Date: 15/08/2021