Protocol are proud to be working in partnership with Wigan & Leigh College who are one of the region’s leading further education providers, and a major employer in the Borough of Wigan. Approximately 500 teaching and support services staff work at a range of locations. Their multi million pound centres provide specialist education programmes at Parsons Walk Centre, Pagefield and Leigh College.
Continually striving for excellence and a strong Grade 2 College, they are well on their way to becoming Outstanding. With more than 9,500 students and a turnover of £27million, they are in a strong position to continue their growth.
The College were awarded Further Education College of the Year in 2018 at the Educate North Awards and continue to expand their programmes and services to meet the needs of the local community and support the economic transformation of Wigan and surrounding areas.
The College community encourages all students to enhance their learning through wider opportunities and has support services to maximise their achievements and secure progression to further study, apprenticeships and employment.
Wigan & Leigh College’s philosophy is outstanding teaching and high achievement to ensure their students are prepared for the world of work. The staff play a key role in this aim, working with employers and apprentices in the workplace and delivering high-quality teaching in the classroom.
Wigan & Leigh College are seeking to appoint a highly competent and knowledgeable Multi-trade Trainer/Assessor, specifically with strengths in Brickwork and Painting & Decorating to deliver outstanding training and assessment to a range of apprentices.
They are looking for individuals with experience of working within a multi-trade industrial environment who is qualified to at least Level 3 in both Brickwork and Painting & Decorating. You will be required to carry out workplace assessments, reviews and set action plans for apprentices, including SMART Targets whilst delivering on professional qualifications at Levels 2 and 3, including the embedding of Functional Skills. The role will also include IQA duties within an existing team and developing the College’s offer in conjunction with employer partners and awarding bodies
Suitable candidates will hold a recognised assessment qualification (TAQA, A1, V1 or equivalent), and ideally be confident in all aspects of workplace assessment. Teaching experience is desirable, but the College are looking for someone with the confidence to share their experience and knowledge with their learners.
- Carry out workplace assessments, reviews and set action plans for apprentices
- Deliver on professional qualifications at levels 2 & 3
- Embed Functional Skills
- The role will also include IQA duties within an existing team
The person & qualifications
- A relevant qualification at level 3 or in Brickwork and Painting & Decorating
- Relevant and current subject knowledge
- Industry experience
- Hold a recognised assessing qualification
- Be confident in all aspects of workplace assessment
Wigan & Leigh College offer an excellent benefits package for all their employees, such as:
- Flexible working – working from home days for academic staff
- Health & well-being scheme – including Medicash, clubs, events and staff rewards
- Attractive pension scheme
- Discounts at high-street shops, restaurants, travel & a local gym
- Free parking onsite
- Personal development opportunities such as free CPD and distance learning courses
: Wigan & Leigh College
: £21k-£26k per annum (dependent on qualifications and experience) + benefits