As part of National Apprenticeship Week 2021, as well as hearing from our apprentices, we also wanted to hear from Beth, Head of Business Development and Strategy about what impact apprentices have made at Protocol and how she is getting on with her Level 7 MBA apprenticeship!
- Are you pleased that you chose to study an apprenticeship?
Yes, I’ve always embraced continuous development and this is a great way to learn on the job.
- Has the course that you chose lived up to your expectations?
Yes, one of the most valuable elements is the network you create and what you learn from your peers.
- What aspects of the course have you found most valuable?
All of it really, over the course each new area of study links to others to build a really thorough picture
- How has the support from Protocol been throughout your course?
Protocol have been very supportive, I’m now in my final year, so my dissertation will be a piece of research on the perceptions of agency use by both clients and candidates.
- How are you feeling now your course is almost finished?
Quite relieved to be honest! I have enjoyed it but I will not miss the feeling that I should always be doing something else, it makes relaxing hard!
- What value do apprentices add to Protocol?
Huge value – Protocol has apprentices from Level 2 through to Level 7, we consider ourselves to be a learning organisation, and embracing apprenticeships is a key part of that.
- What would you say to other businesses considering taking on an apprentice, or upskilling current members of staff?
Definitely do it, taking on someone who is willing to learn is a great asset, and training current members of staff that you value is a no-brainer to me.
- Would you recommend other Senior Leaders considering embarking on an apprenticeship to aid their professional development?
Yes, I would. Although I have been a senior leader for a while, it has given me the opportunity to really round out my skills and experience. I’d be happy to talk to anyone considering it.