Here at Protocol, we know all about the importance of good people, we pride ourselves in ‘placing people first’ and have been doing so for 25 years now!
Our business is full of great people, and you may only interact with one or two in your work with us, but there is a whole army of support in the background from IT to Marketing and Compliance to Recruitment Consultants. We thought it was important for you to find out a bit more about the people that make up #TeamProtocol. In this series, you will find out a bit about the person behind the screen, or at the end of the phone.
To continue the Protocol Spotlight series, we would like to introduce you to Matthew Ray, Payroll Analyst. Matthew has been part of the Protocol Family for almost 20 years now, and is currently Protocol’s longest serving team member! He is based at Head Office in Nottingham. Here’s what we found out about Matthew:
- What car do you drive?
Ford Focus Estate
- What is your favourite food?
It isn’t eggs, chicken, rice and broccoli – despite me eating that every day! Probably Pizza…
- What is your favourite drink?
- What is your favourite film, book or TV show?
- What is your dream holiday destination?
Anywhere with a beach!
- Do you have any hobbies?
I like going to the gym – it’s how I destress
- Tell us a fun fact about yourself.
I don’t think there are any fun facts about me! I’m far too serious for fun….
- What sports teams do you follow?
I don’t follow any sports!
- Do you have any hidden talents?
I can eat a family size pork pie without breaking a sweat! The sort of birthday cake sized ones…
- What’s your dream car?
A newer Focus
- What was your dream job as a child?
It was obviously to be a Payroll Analyst and I am currently living the dream!
- What’s your favourite song, band or artist?
Beach Boys – God Only Knows
- What one skill or talent would you love to be able to master?
- What’s your favourite time of year?
Summer, I hate rain and snow!
- If you could time travel, what year would you go back, or forward to and why?
My mother died when I was young (16) so if I could time travel it would be a family trip back to show her my children.
- And finally, why do you love working at Protocol?
The people – the Payroll department are all clocking 20 years this year. After so long you are no longer colleagues, but close friends.