Here at Protocol, we know all about the importance of good people, we pride ourselves in ‘placing people first’ and have been doing so for 25 years now!
Our business is full of great people, and you may only interact with one or two in your work with us, but there is a whole army of support in the background from IT to Marketing and Compliance to Recruitment Consultants. We thought it was important for you to find out a bit more about the people that make up #TeamProtocol. In this series, you will find out a bit about the person behind the screen, or at the end of the phone.
To continue the Protocol Spotlight series, we would like to introduce you to Simon May, Management Accountant. Here’s what we found out about Simon:
- What car do you drive?
BMW 3 Series
- What is your favourite food?
Any sort of seafood, but probably Paella if I had to choose specifically!
- What is your favourite drink?
- What is your favourite film, book or TV show?
I seem to re-watch Suits all the time, but I also love a bit of Downton Abbey.
- What is your dream holiday destination?
Probably the Maldives.
- Do you have any hobbies?
I’m massively into cycling! All types, Road, MTB, Cyclocross, Gravel… the list goes on!
- Tell us a fun fact about yourself.
I’m that tall, I have to duck to get through door frames!
- Do you have any hidden talents?
None – other than being a master of stubbing my toe and banging my head on light fittings or door frames.
- What sports teams do you follow?
I’m a big Notts County fan and I’ve always followed Barcelona from a young age.
- What is your dream car?
Aston Martin DB5.
- What’s your favourite song, band or artist?
Metalingus by Alter Bridge.
- What was your dream job as a child?
Strangely, either a Dentist or an Accountant.
- What one skill or talent would you love to be able to master?
I’d love to be able to play the piano, I can “play” the guitar but would happily swap my skill over.
- What’s your favourite time of year?
Autumn evenings, so I can get out and do a night bike ride.
- If you could time travel, what year would you go back, or forward to and why?
Early 1900’s so I could be part of the real Downton Abbey.
- Do you have any pets?
No, but I would love a dog!
- And finally, why do you love working at Protocol?
The people & the office atmosphere! The Excel reporting!!!