To work with the Director of Member Services and Communication to support the implementation of the Foundation’s workplan.
To increase the visibility of the Foundation amongst key stakeholders.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To work closely with the Director of Member Services and Communications to coordinate the day-to-day activity of the Foundation and the implementation of its workplan.
- To ensure key deliverables within the Foundation’s workplan are met and are effectively reported to the Director of Member Services and Communication.
- To increase the exposure of the Foundation by securing opinions and editorial pages and featuring the work through projects funded by the Foundation.
- To provide opportunities for members to engage in proactive, and responsive policy development relating to social mobility.
- To undertake research and analysis to support the development of consultation responses on issues relating to social mobility.
- To build and develop relations with key organisations that align to the Foundation’s purpose.
- To develop relationships with key parliamentarians ensuring they are briefed regularly on the work of the Foundation and the Group’s members.
- To work with the Director of Member Services and Communication to identify key individuals to become Ambassadors of the Foundation.
- To develop a monthly briefing on the activity of the Foundation that can be shared with Ambassadors, members, staff, and key stakeholders.
- To ensure the Foundation’s policies, procedures and processes are regularly reviewed and updated.
- To work with the Membership and Foundation Officer to ensure grants issued through the Foundation are done so in a timely manner.
- To coordinate the organisation of any events relating to the activities of the Foundation such as parliamentary receptions, workshops and so forth.
- To represent the Foundation at key events where necessary.
The above-mentioned duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out such other appropriate duties as may be determined by the Director of Member Services and Communication.
The post holder will be expected to adopt a flexible approach to ensure the efficient and effective running of the Company.
- To ensure awareness of and compliance with all health and safety requirements taking reasonable care of the health and safety of yourself and other persons in accordance with the provision of Health and Safety legislation.
- To exercise proper care in operating, handling, and safeguarding any equipment and appliances provided and issued by Skills and Education Group for individual or collective use in the performance of duties.
- To keep up to date, so far as is necessary for the efficient execution of the job, with new legislation, procedures, and methods.
- To participate in the Company’s appraisal process and to undertake appropriate learning/development to ensure up-to-date knowledge and practices are applied and maintained for the efficient and effective performance of the job and to support the Company’s strategic objectives.
- To uphold and promote the Company’s Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and practices, respect the unique contribution of every individual, and work positively in an equal opportunity and diverse environment.
- To present an appropriate professional image in official Company business.
We are the Skills and Education Group
Our values are for the benefit of our staff, trustees, members, customers, their learners, the wider FE and skills sector and the employers we serve within the sectors in which we operate.
- Forward thinking, responsive and focused on solutions that increases our impact in an ever-changing environment
- Commercially minded, in order to be charitably focused
- Having a reputation for doing the right thing
- Championing our charitable work and social responsibility by giving back to, and supporting, the sector
- Supporting people to reach their full potential
- Working together as one to enhance the customer experience
- Maintaining quality working partnerships at all levels to develop as a Group
Our Purpose, Mission, Vision and Strategic Ambitions
- To support the development of staff in the FE and Skills Sector
- Champion and support the social impact of the further education and skills sector
- To develop and award industry relevant, high quality qualifications, awards, accreditations and end-point assessments
- To be a national leader in Access to HE, awarding high quality Access to HE Diplomas that enable learners to progress into further study and/or employment
Mission – The advancement of skills and education to improve the lives of individuals
Vision – To provide high-quality services centred on collaboration, responsiveness and diversity, supporting our members and customers to positively impact on the learners, communities and sectors they serve to achieve their full potential, no matter what their age, background or ability.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact James Schofield (07809 502 280)
If you wish to apply for this position, then please:
- Complete the application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading of “Foundation and External Affairs Manager”
- You should also complete the equal opportunities form and attach a CV.
- In your application, please explain
- Your motivation for applying.
- Your understanding of the key priorities in the role.
- How you meet the criteria, providing brief examples of relevant experience and achievements, with a particular focus on your key achievements.
(NB – no more than 3 sides of A4, font 11, Arial).
Protocol will send an acknowledgement of receipt via email to all applicants within 24 hours.
Please provide the names, addresses, and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. We expect to take up references for candidates who have been shortlisted unless you tell us otherwise.
|Closing date for applications||Friday 22nd October 2021|
|Assessment Centre||Wednesday 3rd November 2021|
Due to the high volume of applications, it will not be possible to respond to all applicants. Therefore, if you have not heard back from us within two weeks of your initial application, please assume you have been unsuccessful.
Organisation: Skills & Education Group
Posted date: 08/10/2021
Closing Date: 12/11/2021