Protocol is working closely with a Further Education college based in the South Yorkshire in their search for a knowledgeable and passionate Apprenticeships Skills Tutor – Teaching Assistants.
The Apprenticeship Skills Tutor will train apprentices across a wide range of skills, knowledge and behaviours within the Standards including Personal Development to enable them to pass the End Point Assessment and help them become a well-rounded individual. The Apprenticeship Skills Tutor will design, develop and deliver highly inspirational teaching and training resources and will be expected to identify individual starting points and give developmental feedback. You will undertake individual reviews, embracing and completing all aspects of the E-Portfolio system including the individual learning plan (ILP) providing SMART targets for learners, which promote learner advancement and success.
You will monitor caseload performance and action concerns through appropriate channels including regular attendance at progress boards. You will liaise with tutors, employers and business services team to ensure that the learners experience from their starting point to End Point Assessment and beyond including their journey throughout their course is of exceptional quality.
This role is 22.5 hours per week over 52 weeks. Salary is £28,752 (£17,484.32 pro rata).
Benefits and Rewards Package:
- Access to local government pension
- Up to 44 days annual leave per year including generous time off over Christmas/New Year
- Access to our gyms, restaurants and salons
- Staff health & wellbeing and benefits schemes including in-house Occupational Health service
- Full, part time and flexible working hours available in many roles
- Hybrid working opportunities available
- Parking available at all of our sites
- Fantastic career development opportunities including funding for teacher training, apprenticeships and various other industry recognised qualifications
The person specification:
- Be an experienced assessor/tutor with good industry experience.
- Hold a teaching qualification and assessor award.
- Hold a level 2 or available in literacy or numeracy.
- Hold an IQA qualification is an advantage but not essential.
- Hold a DBS on the update service (or be willing to apply for a new one).
If this sounds like you or something you could be interested in; Hit apply now to speak to one of the consultants!
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.