Job Title – Senior Management Accountant
Pay Scale – £38.521 per annum including generous government pension
Hours – 37 Hours per week, all year round
Location – Peterborough College
About the Role
To produce the monthly management accounts, forecasts, and departmental contribution statements in accordance with college timetables. To assist in the preparation of the College’s annual budget and re-forecast periodically. To ensure compliance with procurement is followed enabling best value to be obtained. Oversee the workload of the trainee accountant and support any development needs.
Some of the duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following areas:
- Produce accurate monthly management accounts at departmental, organizational and project level.
- Compile and ensure all necessary journals are posted monthly.
- Produce variance analysis reports on income, staffing costs and non-pay costs.
- Produce appropriate KPI’s and commentary to support data
- Arrange and attend meetings with budget holders to review performance and advise on appropriate action.
- Advise and assist budget holders to resolve queries or operational difficulties.
- Prepare and develop business plans, budget, forecasts and actual monitoring reports in relation to College commercial ventures and subsidiary companies.
- Assist in the preparation of financial forecasts in conjunction with Budget Holders and the Group Director of Finance
(More details available at Request)
Benefits of working with IEG
- Opportunities to develop or start a carrier in Education
- Safe and secure place to work
- Good work/life balance
- Ideal for people with school age children
- Staff are approachable and friendly – strong team
- Free on-site parking
- Free breakfast
- Access to discount platforms and onsite salon/restaurant
- Degree on management Qualification
- Professional Qualification (or working towards) ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar
- Good general level of education including maths and english
- Recent, similar experience in an education setting
- Leading teams and motivating staff
- Experience delivering innovation
- Knowledge of the further education sector