Job Title: ESOL Lecturer
Salary: £20 – £23 per hour
Protocol is working closely with a Further Education College based in Norfolk in their search for an experienced ESOL Lecturer to deliver Functional Skills Maths Entry 1 to GCSE, and Digital Skills Entry 3 to Level 1 to students across a range of levels within the college.
This role offers Part-time hours (15 hours per week) on a Temporary basis covering sick leave for between 6 weeks and 6 months
- Monday 9.15 am – 12.15 pm
- Wednesday 9.15 am – 12.15 pm
- Thursday 9.15 am – 12.15 pm & 1 pm – 4 pm
- Friday 9.15 am – 12.15 pm
You will be working within the college’s teaching department, supporting, teaching, training and assessing Functional skills ESOL students on their courses of study. You will be responsible for delivering education and training to high standards along with preparing student materials, assessing and marking student work and carrying out student tutorials and assessments to ensure each student is achieving their best during their time in the college.
- Deliver high-quality English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) instruction to adult learners.
- Plan and prepare engaging and effective lesson plans in accordance with the curriculum guidelines.
- Utilise a variety of teaching methods and resources to enhance students’ language skills, including speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
- Assess and evaluate students’ progress, providing constructive feedback and identifying areas for improvement.
- Develop and administer appropriate assessments and examinations to measure students’ language proficiency.
- Maintain accurate records of attendance, grades, and other relevant information on students’ performance.
- Provide guidance and support to students, addressing their individual learning needs and promoting a positive and inclusive learning environment.
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop and enhance the ESOL curriculum, incorporating innovative teaching methodologies and relevant materials.
- Participate in professional development activities to stay updated with the latest trends and best practices in ESOL instruction.
- Contribute to the overall success and reputation of the institution through active involvement in departmental and institutional initiatives.
- A recognised teaching qualification, such as a PGCE or equivalent.
- Proven experience in teaching ESOL to adult learners.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to motivate and inspire students, fostering a positive and inclusive learning environment.
- Knowledge of current ESOL teaching methodologies and assessment practises.
- Proficiency in using technology for instructional purposes.
Bachelor’s degree in English, Linguistics, Education, or a related field.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience teaching ESOL to adult learners.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Thorough understanding of ESOL curriculum and instructional strategies.
- Knowledge of multicultural and diverse learning environments.
- Ability to adapt teaching methods to meet the individual needs of students.
- Strong organisational and time-management skills.
- Proficiency in using educational technology tools and resources.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Master’s degree in TESOL, Applied Linguistics, or a related field.
- Experience in curriculum development and course design.
- Additional certifications in ESOL instruction.
- An Enhanced DBS on the Update Service
If this sounds like you or something you could be interested in; Hit apply now to speak with one of the consultants!
Protocol is proud to be Disability Confident Committed. We are happy to make any reasonable adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process should you need it, please let us know
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first. We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone. Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs
The legal bit…
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.