Calling all experienced GCSE & Functional Skills English Lecturers!
I’m looking for a part time and full time permanent Lecturer to join a well established FE College based in Harrow.
£31,357 to £43,729 per annum plus *benefits* – including generous annual leave and college funded CPD.
You will be delivering primarily to vocational learners aged 16-18. This is a challenging but rewarding area of the College and you would play a key role in supporting the vocational learners with their development and to help them progress onto higher courses or the workplace.
It is a very well-established College graded as “Good” by Ofsted. The College’s students are at the heart of what they do, and their priority is to prepare all their learners for the future. The excellent staff and facilities ensure that they provide a well-rounded learning experience to students to help them reach their full potential. Last year over 800 students from the A-Level and Vocational Courses went on to study at top universities.
The person & qualifications
- You will possess a degree in an English related subject (or a Level 3 qualification plus proven successful experience of teaching English/Literacy/ESOL/EFL for at least 2 years)
- Expert knowledge of the AQA GCSE specification
- You will ideally possess an advanced level teaching qualification recognised by the FE sector (PGCE/DET or equivalent)
- Experience of teaching GCSE English, Functional Skills English, ESOL, EFL or literacy
- You should have good communication and interpersonal skills and be able to engage people of all ages.
- This role will include teaching one evening per week until 9.00pm, either Tuesday or Thursday. Working hours will be adjusted during the week to take account of this evening teaching.
- Enhanced DBS or willing to obtain one.
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.