Protocol is working closely with a Further Education college based in Rotherham to help recruit for a motivated and enthusiastic Computing & Games Technician. We are looking for experienced candidates who will play a crucial role in supporting the technology infrastructure and services that enable seamless operations across the campus. Under the guidance of senior IT professionals, you will have the opportunity to learn, grow, and apply your technical skills to assist faculty, staff, and students with their technology needs. The college is keen to provide courses for all learners and is looking to expand the team.
- Full-time/permanent role, 37hrs per week, up to £22,990 per year plus benefits.
- Classroom Support: Respond to emails, and phone calls from college staff and students seeking technical assistance.
- Hardware Setup and Maintenance: Assist with the installation, configuration, and maintenance of computer hardware, peripherals, and audio-visual equipment in classrooms and labs. Setting up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices.
- Software Support: Aid in the installation, updating, and troubleshooting of software applications used throughout the Digital Department, including operating systems and specialized software.
- Network Assistance: Collaborate with the IT team to ensure the stability and security of the college network including lab facilities.
- User Training: Conduct training sessions and workshops to educate users on various IT tools, software applications, and systems.
- Equipment issuing and maintenance / Technology Inventory: Ordering and maintaining equipment such as headphones, games, tablets etc.
- User Accounts and Access Management: Help manage user accounts, permissions, and access controls for college systems and applications.
We are therefore seeking passionate individuals with a background in IT Support ideally within an educational setting.
Have you got what it takes?
- Experience in First Line IT Support.
- L3 IT qualification.
- Outstanding organisational and communication skills.
- Level 2 Maths & English.
- A positive approach to learner engagement and progress.
If this sounds like you or something you could be interested in; Hit apply now to speak to one of the consultants!
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.