Protocol is working closely with a Further Education college based in Scarborough to help recruit for a motivated and enthusiastic Human Resources Business Partner. We are looking for experienced candidates who will partner with designated senior managers to provide HR support in all aspects of people resource planning and management, within the Partnership’s policies, procedures and legal requirements in order to deliver the Strategic Plan and Employee Services Annual Plan. The successful candidate will plan and deliver specific areas of the above plans ensuring that procedures and practices are developed that are fit for purpose and reflect best practice within the sector.
- Full-time/fixed-term, 12 months, Mon-Fri, 37hrs per week, starting asap.
- To regularly meet with the Campus Principal or designated Faculty/Department senior manager (Assistant Principal, Director) and their operational managers to ensure that their functions are operating effectively and reflect the overall strategic plan for the college.
- Support their designated manager/s and their teams in all aspects of the Business Planning process including Self-Assessment, Curriculum Purchase and to advise on the recruitment of their staff.
- Contribute to the review, development, consultation and implementation of HR policies, procedures and processes, including management and staff briefings and the training and mentoring of staff on an individual and group basis.
- Assist in the mentoring and development of supervisors and managers, both informally and formally via coaching, training.
- Provide a professional, proactive, customer focused HR approach, both internally and externally, providing HR advice and guidance to managers and staff on all aspects of the employee life cycle as required.
- Contribute to the Employee Services (HR) Self-Assessment process.
- Attend their designated Departmental/Faculty team meetings presenting/advising on HR issues as appropriate.
- Provide practical support and advice on a range of HR related issues liaising as appropriate with Payroll/Pension colleagues.
- Advise managers on appropriate employment law, client policies and procedures.
- Support the Managers on all casework, including absence monitoring and management, performance management, disciplinary and grievances issues and probation, ensuring legislation, policy/procedures best practice and processes are followed.
- Advise on external issues e.g. Employment Tribunals and provide operational support as and when required
- Advise on all Organisational development issues and, together with the relevant manager, take the employment lead on any restructuring initiatives, managing the process.
We are therefore seeking passionate individuals with a background in Human Resources ideally within an educational setting.
Have you got what it takes?
- Relevant academic and professional experience.
- CIPD L5+/degree qualified.
- Outstanding organisational and communication skills.
- Level 2 Maths & English.
- A positive approach to learner engagement and progress.
If this sounds like you or something you could be interested in; Hit apply now to speak to one of the consultants!
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.