Protocol is working closely with a Further Education college based in Rotherham to help recruit for a motivated and enthusiastic Personal Development Coordinator. The successful candidate will create and deliver an exciting programme of personal development events and activities for our students. We are looking for someone to promote, support and organise learner activities which will enhance the learning experience to help build skills for employability and improve their life chances. This role will require excellent interpersonal and organisational skills and will require working with learners to understand their needs in relation to any knowledge gaps and work with leaders to deliver against our strategic objectives.
- Full-time/permanent, 37hrs per week, Mon-Fri, 40 weeks per year, up to £24,249 pro rata.
- Work together to create a consistent personal development offer across the group
- Network, collaborate, and build relationships with external organisations and stakeholders to facilitate student led activities, to deliver specific activity such as road safety, sexual health, motivation/ growth mindset etc
- As an individual you will work with colleagues in curriculum and student support to identify needs specific for individual campus or groups
- Provide opportunities for students to develop their Cultural Capital through engagement with a range of activities both on and off college site
- Develop relationships with key curriculum staff to ensure that positive behaviours are developed throughout all college campuses
- Lead on organising and overseeing the Students’ Union Team, ensuring they are engaged in developing clubs and societies influenced by the learners’ voice.
- Ensure that all events and activities, both onsite and offsite meet Health and Safety.
- Requirements including the coordination of effective risk assessments.
- React to local and national trends and risks, to swiftly put out awareness information and where appropriate hold student discussions around key topics.
- Provide focus groups for students seeking their input, advice, and involvement for the further design of student services activities
- Engage students in activities that will enable the student(s) to extend their personal and employability skills.
- Organise initiatives and events that recognise and celebrate the successes and achievements of students.
- Work in a trauma informed way, that supports connection and builds a psychologically safe environment for learners.
- Organise leagues, tournaments, competitions and college events, with effective monitoring and reporting.
- Function as triage when appropriate, addressing and where possible working through any learner barriers in order to facilitate learner take-up/engagement with other specialisms within the RNN Group Student Support teams.
- Refer to and liaise with the Designated LAC Lead, Safeguarding Leads, Wellbeing Mentors and the wider college staff as appropriate, to ensure support is in place and that progress and information is shared appropriately with relevant personnel both external and internal in line with College procedures and practices.
- Attend and contribute to learner reviews and interviews and give feedback to relevant staff.
We are therefore seeking passionate individuals with a background in Student Wellbeing & Enrichment ideally within an educational setting.
Have you got what it takes?
- Relevant academic and professional experience.
- L2+ IAG/Counselling qualification.
- Outstanding organisational and communication skills.
- Level 2 Maths & English.
- A positive approach to learner engagement and progress.
If this sounds like you or something you could be interested in; Hit apply now to speak to one of the consultants!
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.