Protocol are working closely with a Further Education College based in Manchester to help their search for an experienced Chemistry Teacher to deliver Chemistry to students across a range of levels within the college.
You will be working within the colleges Science department, supporting, teaching, training and assessing Chemistry students on their courses of study. You will be responsible for delivering education and training to high standards along with preparing student materials, assessing and marking student work and carrying out student tutorials and assessments to ensure each student is achieving their best during their time in the college.
- The role is offering Full time hours on a temporary basis covering for up to 6 weeks at least – 30 hours per week.
- To start as soon as possible.
- To teach Chemistry – Applied Science Level 3, Access to HE Level 3.
- Units include Practical Chemical Analysis, Forensic Fire Investigation and Principles and Applications of Science II (Chemistry section).
- You will need attend team meetings and complete the tracking and monitoring documents for the students.
- To teach and offer pastoral support to students who may need it.
We are therefore seeking individuals that are passionate about teaching Chemistry and that have relevant experience in both educational and industry fields. The individual will also have experience working with students or apprentices either in a college or an educational setting whilst being upbeat, motivational and knowledgeable in the subject area in order to educate and inspire learners.
- Ability to deliver Level 3 chemistry to BTEC Level 3 Applied Science (RQF) and Level 3 Access to HE
- You will have to work well with Microsoft packages and be confident in using Teams as a main point of communication with students.
- You will teach all vocational backgrounds and will need to be innovative in working with learners with different vocational interests.
- DBS on the update service.
If this sounds like you or something you could be interested in; Hit apply now to speak with one of the consultants!
Protocol are proud to be Disability Confident Committed. We are happy to make any reasonable adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process should you need it, please let us know
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first. We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone. Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs
The legal bit…
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.