Management Accountant – Nottingham (location flexible)
c. £35-£40k (depending on experience)
Full time permanent position
To act as a key support to the Finance Director, by assisting with the enhancement and development of the existing financial systems and processes to reduce risk and enhance efficiency. Whilst taking ownership of all aspects of the monthly management reporting to produce high quality and reliable information:
You will take responsibility for creating and maintaining excellent relationships with:
- Finance Director
- Finance team
- Payroll Team
- Company Statutory Auditors
- Internal customers of the finance team
Outputs & Responsibilities
- Ensure production of timely and accurate financial information, including monthly management accounts, board pack and annual statutory financial statements, including profit and loss account, balance sheet, cash flows, variance analysis, key performance indicators and supporting commentaries.
- Complete all relevant month-end close procedures including balance sheet and revenue reconciliations to be reviewed by the Finance Director, along with GL journals (including accruals, prepayments, deferred income/expenditure, depreciation, intercompany).
- Proactively identify process improvement opportunities to streamline and systemise, to create an efficient financial operation, allowing for greater utilisation of resources for financial analysis.
- Maintain and improve a strong control environment to ensure the business is safeguarded against risk and initiate corrective actions, as necessary.
- Business partner non-financial stakeholders by providing specific financial analysis and reports, to enable performance review and development.
- Support additional reporting activities including, budgets/forecasts, financial modelling and analysis.
- Assist and drive forward the implementation of any new accounting system into the business, to allow for continued growth and superior reporting.
- Produce and deliver accurate quarterly Vat returns.
- Provide assurance and be the lead for the annual external audit field work.
- Ensure the accurate preparation of commission schedules to be reviewed by the appropriate RI.
- Work closely with and support junior finance team members to ensure all transactions and reconciliations are completed in a timely manner and assist with establishing a learning culture.
- Ad hoc work as required, including ONS surveys and compliance.
- Qualified or part qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) -qualified by experience will be considered.
- Have previously been accountable for a full management accounts process.
- Extensive experience in the production of management accounts and associated schedules
- Must demonstrate high levels of integrity and adopt a professional approach in all interactions – needs to be transparent, open and honest in all dealings.
- Possess and be able to demonstrate advanced MS Excel Skills.
- Analytical and logical in approach with strong attention to detail, including the ability to analyse data and formulate action plans.
- Highly focused on delivering results and objectives with a strong personal commitment to supporting the business in achieving its goals.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to confidently influence others and explain decisions, actions, and financial matters simply and clearly.
- A hands-on individual, who has a proven ability to consistently deliver under pressure and is able to meet tight deadlines and manage their own time and workload effectively.
- Critical Thinker, with the ability to challenge information, clearly assess problems and analyse the options to find solutions.
- Highly competent with solid commercial acumen
- High level of IT understanding required to help with the implementation of enhanced systems.
- Maintains a positive “can do” attitude and works well within a team.
- Experience of working in a Recruitment and Employment Business or other professional service and or experience of Education, Skills and Training.
- Prior history of process improvements.
- Experience of Exchequer.
- Prior use of MS Access.
- Competitive salary c£35-40k depending on experience.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays.
- Company pension.
- Cash Bupa scheme.
- Within parameters of the role, autonomy, and flexible working.
- Professional training and leadership development.