Senior Software Engineer
£40-50K (depending on experience)
Full time permanent position
Are you a proactive, self-motivated full-stack developer? Do you want to be part of a market-leading, successful company? If so, Team Protocol need you.
Protocol has been the leading full-service recruitment consultancy in the education, skills, training and public sectors for 25 years. We offer a complete recruitment solution, working on roles at every level of an organisation, from senior leadership right through to operations and support staff on a temporary, sessional and permanent basis, along with providing senior manager on an interim and consultancy basis lasting from 2 weeks to 6 months. We continue to excel and grow within the recruitment industry and are subsequently seeking innovative and ambitious talent to join our team.
Purpose and Key Responsibilities
Protocol operates a bespoke, internal, business tailored software platform that allows Protocol and its clients to manage their full recruitment process; from sourcing candidates through to paying them. The software provides full visibility and budgetary control of the recruitment process.
The successful candidate for the Senior Software Engineer role will be able to:
- Develop and maintain internal web-based applications.
- Support the hosting / maintenance of company websites.
- Support IT Software element of business processes and procedures.
- Use knowledge of IT marketplace to assist in business process reengineering.
- Develop new applications.
- Maintain existing applications.
- Maintain and develop the content of company web sites.
- Version control management.
- Assist in the ongoing support and maintenance of IIS.
- Analysis and design relating to user requirements.
- Occasional out-of-hours support for software release process.
- Develop and support databases and server-side code and processes.
- With regard to IT, maintain awareness of:
- Industry trends
- Emerging Technologies
- Best Practice
- Mentor Junior team members
- Any other duties as required
The standard working week is 37.5 hrs, (Some weekend and evening work may feature from time to time, in line with the workload and business needs)
Experience & Person Specification
Full Stack Developer with experience in the following areas:
- MVC v4+
- js, through Angular 7+
- C# ASP.Net, Web Forms
- SQL 2008+
- GIT Version Control
- Experience working in an agile environment and SCRUM Methodologies
- Generous pension scheme
- Free Bupa healthcare scheme – with the opportunity to add family for a subsidised fee
- Specsavers vouchers
- Childcare vouchers
- Business casual dress code with ‘dress down’ Friday
- Company social events
- An additional day’s holiday for charity work
- Contribution towards a college course of your choice
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a copy of your CV along with a covering note stating why you feel you are suitable for the role.
To arrange an informal discussion about the role, or if you have any questions please email email@example.com.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE