Protocol are proud to be working in partnership with Wigan & Leigh College who are one of the region’s leading further education providers, and a major employer in the Borough of Wigan. Approximately 500 teaching and support services staff work at a range of locations. Their multi million pound centres provide specialist education programmes at Parsons Walk Centre, Pagefield and Leigh College.
Continually striving for excellence and a strong Grade 2 College, they are well on their way to becoming Outstanding. With more than 9,500 students and a turnover of £27million, they are in a strong position to continue their growth.
The College were awarded Further Education College of the Year in 2018 at the Educate North Awards and continue to expand their programmes and services to meet the needs of the local community and support the economic transformation of Wigan and surrounding areas.
The College community encourages all students to enhance their learning through wider opportunities and has support services to maximise their achievements and secure progression to further study, apprenticeships and employment.
Wigan & Leigh College’s philosophy is outstanding teaching and high achievement to ensure their students are prepared for the world of work. The staff play a key role in this aim, working with employers and apprentices in the workplace and delivering high-quality teaching in the classroom.
If you are interested in moving into Lecturing from industry, a newly qualified teacher or an experienced lecturer with a passion to pass on your expertise Wigan & Leigh College will offer you the help and support you need to develop the skills and experience to be an inspirational and effective teacher.
Electrical Installation Lecturer – competitive salary
- Delivery of Level 1-3 City & Guild and EAL Electrical Installation and the NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems
Multi-trade Trainer/Assessor – £21k-£26k per annum
- Specific strengths of Brickwork, Painting & Decorating
- Have experience of working a multi-trade industrial environment
- Delivering and assessing Level 2 and 3 qualifications & embedding Functional Skills
Mechanical Engineering Lecturer – competitive salary
- Must have excellent industry experience and knowledge
- The Mechanical Engineering Division delivers both full and part-time courses across a range of levels and also delivers professional updates to meet employer needs
- Courses you may deliver include Product Design and Manufacture, Commercial & Quality Principles, Professional Engineering Management and Engineering Project from Level 3-5
Computing & IT Lecturer – £24k-£34k per annum
- Golden Hello scheme
- You will have experience in the IT industry with a range of technologies
- Opportunity to deliver on a wide range of courses from Level 1 to Level 6 including GCSE, BTEC, Access to HE (Computing), A-Level, and Higher Education, depending on your skills and experience
Wigan & Leigh College offer an excellent benefits package for all their employees, such as:
- Flexible working
- Health & well-being scheme – including Medicash, clubs, events and staff rewards
- Attractive pension scheme
- Discounts at high-street shops, restaurants, & travel
- Free parking onsite
- Personal development opportunities such as free CPD and distance learning courses
Organisation: Wigan & Leigh College
Posted date: 28/10/2019
Closing Date: TBC