Protocol are working with an Adult Education Service with campuses across London to recruit for an interim full time Web Developer to start in September until Mid-October.
The college are recruiting permanently for this post, so there could be a potential for temporary to permanent.
£200 per day
36 hours per week
- Collaborate with designers and project managers to maintain and develop WordPress websites and plugins (including WooCommerce) as required
- Write clean, well-documented, and maintainable code
- Work alongside the College’s Management Information Systems (MIS) team to maintain database systems and links to the website, ensuring data integrity and security
- Troubleshoot and debug issues, and provide timely solutions
- Ensure website performance and responsiveness to client requests
- Stay up to date with emerging web technologies and industry trends
- Participate in code reviews and contribute to team projects
- Perform regular CMS security updates and patches
- Monitor site outages and downtime
- Assist the marketing team with Google Tag Manager integration
- Assist the marketing team with social selling integration
- Monitor the server for site updates and new feature roll outs.
- Make recommendations to improve site performance
- Perform website content checks and link testing and link optimization to fix broken or dead links
- Perform site speed testing and optimisation
The person & qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in front and back-end web development
- In-depth knowledge WordPress and WooCommerce and knowledge of other CMS systems
- Server management knowledge, particularly Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Previous experience of Unit-e or similar student information management systems and how Student Information System Integration feeds work
- Working knowledge of version controlling / code repositories (e.g. Git)
- Knowledge and experience of applying e-commerce solutions to web projects
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility, web and accessibility standards
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Enhanced DBS on the update service or willing to obtain one.
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.