We at Protocol are working with a large college in the Croydon area who boast over 8,000 learners per year academic, vocational or industry- and work-based qualifications. This establishment is one of the largest and most successful providers of Further and Higher Education courses in the South East region.
This college pride themselves on not only providing their students with a high-class learning experience but also invest in their academic journey furnishing students with both transferable life skills but also help build their confidence, ambition and aspirations.
We are seeking an experienced Carpentry and Multi-Skills Lecturer with a Carpentry specialism to join the construction department of this college on a full-time basis for at least the next month.
- Full delivery of the Carpentry and Multi-skills courses allocated
- Support students both pastorally and academically
- Adhere to and implement college policies ans and when required
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational and IT skills
The person & qualifications
- A proven background of working within a similar educational environment (eg FE, HE)
- Experience of teaching on Level 1 to Level 3 Carpentry courses.
- Proven experience within the construction industry.
- Working knowledge of the qualification framework.
- Recognised teaching qualification, and literacy and numeracy at level 2, or a willingness to achieve.
- Suitable teaching experience across a variety of levels.
- Ability to relate to a diverse student population and act as a role model.
- Evidence of recent updating of vocational or subject area experience. Ability to teach across a range of levels as required.
- To be able to work flexibly and effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to work on own initiative, within College aims and objectives.
- A commitment to and understanding of Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding (including prevent), Health and Safety and Data Protection.
- Able to maintain professional standards and boundaries.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.