Protocol is delighted to work with a high-end College in the UK. They are hiring a permanent contact, Lecturer in Access – Physics.
You will be required to provide inspirational teaching on a range of Physics subjects.
If successful, you will be welcomed to the College with a full induction programme to support you in your new role. The College is also committed to staff development and offers an excellent staff benefits package.
- To prepare appropriate teaching material.
- To carry out teaching appropriate to the requirements of individual courses and students.
- To maintain appropriate student attendance records as required.
- To maintain student discipline.
- To set, mark, record and return relevant coursework and assessments.
- To attend, as required, up to 3 meetings a year as specified by the Director of Faculty. They may include parents’ evenings, course review meetings and curriculum development meetings.
- To take part in the College’s appraisal scheme and staff development programme as appropriate.
- To refer to the appropriate full-time lecturer (Course Tutor, Personal Tutor, Programme Manager) student progress as required and any incident or behaviour which may require further investigation, support or counselling.
- To develop and update personal professional expertise in the relevant areas.
- Adhere to and promote the College’s Safeguarding, Equality & Diversity, College Values and Health and Safety policies and practices.
- To undertake any other associated duties determined by the college
The person & qualifications
- Must have previous/current experience as a Lecturer in Access – Physics
- Must have DBS on the update service or willing to apply for one with our support
- Must have teaching qualifications
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.