Protocol are working alongside a fantastic College to recruit a Construction Technician. This role calls for a dedicated individual with the necessary experience, skills and personal qualities to establish immediate close working relationships with young people and the tutor team. You will have High Levels of personal integrity and confidentiality.
- Preparation of workshops and equipment for lecturer/student use
- Demonstration and support for tutor delivery Maintenance of workshops/equipment, including maintaining stock and identifying suppliers required for new purchasing, and to diagnose and repair faulty equipment as appropriate
- To liaise with other technicians/staff as required and to work as a team to support all other departmental technicians at the Skills Centre To undertake general administrative and purchasing duties within the department, including the maintenance of inventories.
The person & qualifications
- Knowledge and awareness of health and safety
- Level 2 in literacy and numeracy Level 2 qualification in the specified subject area
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.