South Staffordshire College are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Clerk to the Corporation to be based any campus.
This is a permanent part time opportunity 18.5 hours per week
The salary on this role is excellent – reflecting the colleges desire to continue with their recent significant improvements by hiring only the best and most dedicated tutors & Support staff out there. Is that you? Apply today and Protocol will give you a call to take your application further.
Why work with South Staffordshire College?
• They are officially the best college in the West Midlands for apprenticeship achievement and well above the national average
• All their campuses are really easy to get to, by public and college transport
• You get to make the most of great facilities – with their Animal Zone, Wedge art gallery, motor vehicle workshop, restaurants, fully equipped music recording studios, salons, collaborative and inspiring learning spaces, gym and a new investment into Agricultural Technology
• They work in partnership with some of the best employers
• They’ve invested in the most cutting edge technology, Google Apps for Education (G Suite) including GMail and cloud storage for every student
The Clerk’s role ensures that the college Governance obligations are second to none. Their Governing body are proactive, driven and committed to providing challenge and support to the College’s management team to ensure that they provide the best experience they can for their students. This role is pivotal for its continued success. As you would appreciate with this type of position, the main requirement of the role is to advise the Corporation regarding the operation of its powers; procedural matters; the conduct of its business and matters of governance practice ensuring that they comply with the Instrument and Articles of Government, statutory and regulatory requirements.
The person & qualifications
A degree and relevant professional / managerial experience
- Relevant experience in comparable role within FE or an experienced company secretary
- A good understanding of the legal and policy framework in which a College operates and able to advise with knowledge and confidence
- Reliable, be able to work flexibly and be available for all Corporation and Committee meetings and events
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.