Protocol is recruiting on behalf of an Ofsted Outstanding Training Provider with centres across Cumbria for an Electrical Trainer/Assessor.
If you would like to stay in your chosen trade but share your skills and experience with the next generation, our candidate will give you all the tools and skills needed – it does not matter if you have never taught before – we look for enthusiastic, skilled people who are willing to learn and share their knowledge.
Our Client is a first rate educational body with an end goal of educating, developing and inspiring the next generation of workers to the highest standard in order for them to enter the local working market. Our client operates in over 7 locations within Cumbria and has contributed monumentally to the local supply chain with 97% of apprentices going directly in to full time employment.
The role of the Electrical Trainer/Assessor is to deliver, assess and where necessary offer support to learners engaged in electrical engineering courses up to level 3, in accordance with the awarding body guidelines. The role will also include the progressive development of the Electrical & Instrumentation engineering curriculum and the material associated with its delivery. The role may also include other tasks as directed by the Training Manager. The delivery and assessment of Electrical engineering courses up to level 3. The development of Electrical engineering course delivery material and ensuring compliance with awarding body standards. The role will also include commercial delivery including, for example, 17th Edition and PAT Testing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To deliver and assess Electrical engineering courses up to and including level three.
- To develop and maintain the current Electrical engineering course material including lesson plans and schemes of work for a range of courses. Assist in assessing, changing curricular needs and offers plans for improvement. Maintain effective and efficient record keeping procedures. (ILP etc).
- To review course content and delivery methods on a regular basis. Assume responsibility for meeting his/her course and learner performance goals.
- To ensure all relevant evidence of learning is accurately and correctly documented and completed for each learner. Provide feedback and support to learners on a one to one/ group basis.
- To assist in the overall development of the training centre.
- To assist in the delivery of course material outside of the subject of Electrical engineering.
- To prepare and assist in internal and external audits. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Training Manager.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Have a minimum of three years electrical experience in industry.
- Competent in domestic or industrial installation & maintenance, you will ideally hold your 17th Edition.
- Knowledge and experience on plant and process control systems would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Hold a level three qualification in Electrical Engineering Have a sound knowledge of Electrical engineering principles.
- Good numeracy, literacy and computer skills.
- Communicates effectively, both orally, and in writing, with learners, employers and other professionals
Desirable Skills / Qualifications
- Hold an assessor qualification or be willing to work towards attaining
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification or be willing to work towards attaining
- Has experience of delivering and developing Electrical Engineering courses
- An understanding of the Advanced Apprenticeship Framework and the funding process
- Knowledge of alternative teaching/learning options
- An intermediate level of understanding of MS office applications
- Has experience of Training Needs Analysis and Programme Design Personal Qualities
- Proven ability, maturity and confidence to deal with a diverse range of personnel
- Self-starter, able to manage a variety of projects independently
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Patient and shows control in challenging situations
- Can take ownership for problems and assignment to resolution
- Shows leadership when appropriate, but is also a good team player
- Clear thinking and a simple communicator
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.