We at Protocol are partnered with an established Academy in the East London area to recruit for a Sociology Teacher to delivered the AQA syllabi up to and inclusive of Key Stage 5. As a Sociology Teacher you will not only have a passion for the subject, you will strive to deliver outstanding and engaging lessons to all students. This Academy prides itself on having thigh standards and a ‘no excuses’ approach which instils strong learning habits ultimately helping students become better qualified, more successful and happier.
If you are searching for the next step in your career and would like to join an Academy that prides itself on Hard Work, Integrity and Kindness we want to hear from you.
- Teaching according to the educational needs, abilities and achievement of the individual students and groups of students
- Providing guidance and advice to students on educational and social matters and on their further education and future careers
- Promoting Equality and Diversity
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities
- Complete all planning and preparation for lessons
- Keeping accurate records of individual learners’ progress and future needs
- Designing or contributing to the design of the course curriculum
- Observe and evaluate student’s performance and development
- Keep updated with developments in subject area, teaching resources and methods and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities
- Adhere to all in house policies including Safeguarding and Equality and Diversity
The person & qualifications
- Hold a recognised Teaching qualification as well as QTS
- Hold a minimum of two years teaching experience within your subject specialism
- Hold a degree level qualification in Sociology or a Social Science
- Be able to evidence either Good or Outstanding lesson observations
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.