Protocol are currently recruiting for a Wood Occupations Lecturer to join a fantastic college within Essex. The college includes state of the art workshops and equipment, a £6m STEM Innovation centre and a £10m STEM Centre. Both of these Centres support innovative teaching in a range of subjects including engineering, manufacturing, construction, and digital technologies. Annual salary up to £36,000, permanent, full-time with an additional £5000 Golden Hello Bonus. £3000 to be paid after 1 month, £1000 after 12 months, £1000 after 24 months.
- To teach Wood Occupations and associated subjects, and to help embed English and Maths as appropriate
- Course leadership and curriculum development duties within the department
- Conduct teaching/learning activities appropriate to the needs of individual students
The person & qualifications
- The successful applicant will hold a level 3 qualification in Wood Occupations
- Industrial experience within a wood related trade
- Be willing to obtain a recognised teaching/training qualification if not already held.
- Previous teaching experience and possession of an Assessor/Internal Verification Award is desirable
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.