Are you an experienced Engineering professional seeking a career in teaching? We at Protocol are working with one of the most successful colleges in the Greater London area to recruit a Trainee Engineering Lecturer for the New Academic Year. Whether you specialise in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, if you’re looking for a change of career direction and want to inspire the next generation of engineers we want to hear from you.
This college pride themselves on their culture, values and behaviours, being situated in vibrant East London they are leaders of local academic delivery. The College has a variety of polices and services of employment that help and support their staff. You can expect to be treated with dignity, respect and fairness at all times which begins from candidate application straight through to staff appointment and your continuing professional development.
Taking Teaching Further is a national initiative to attract experienced industry professionals with expert technical knowledge and skills to work in Further Education (FE). This Department for Education-funded initiative is managed on its behalf by the Education and Training Foundation who have also played a key role in the programme’s development.
The programme is initially running for two years to pilot how to effectively encourage and support experienced industry professionals from key sectors into full or part-time FE teaching roles. The programme will also support the ongoing exchange between Further Education providers and industry so that students can gain the knowledge and skills that employers need.
- To undertake Lecturing and related duties and undertake specific course leadership.
- Participating in team teaching exercises (delivery of starter, plenary or part of a session) with experienced Lecturers
- Shadowing mentors
- Reviewing examples of key teaching documents: Scheme of work, Lesson plans, Group profile, Assessment schedule, Assessment tracker, Marked pieces of student work, Researching curriculum and developing lesson plans and resources
- Micro teaching, role playing teaching exercises, case studies and self evaluation and reflection
- Visiting other FE Colleges
- Undertaking industrial work placements (maximum 1 day per week)
- Enrolling and preparation for PGCE programme
- Working through study pack provided
- Exchanging ideas and experiences with other graduates on the programme
The person & qualifications
- You must not already hold a teaching qualification
- Hold at least 18 months industry experience
- Available to start in September
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.