Protocol are working with a leading FE College situated in the Swindon area. It is a very successful, vibrant college that is often praised for its positive and welcoming ethos and good student behaviour, and inspires all their learners to fulfil their dreams and ambitions. Our client offers a choice of 150+ courses; something that no school sixth form and very few other providers in the area can match.
Our client is a very successful and expanding Further Education College that puts the interests of our students at the heart of everything we do and it is our excellent staff that have enabled us to achieve and maintain this. The College’s students are at the heart of what they do and their priority is to prepare all their learners for their future.
Our client is currently have an exciting opportunity to join them on a temporary and permanent basis as a full time and part time Media Lecturer starting in August 2019. We welcome applications from qualified teachers or applicants with relevant occupational experience who are prepared to gain a teaching qualification. The successful candidate going forward for the permanent lecturing role will also have additional responsibilities that would be expected of a course lead.
- Contribute to any planning and preparation of the scheme of work in your subject so that it meets college and team standards.
- Deliver learning through efficient and effective classroom and online management.
- Monitor and assess learners’ progress and maintain up-to-date and accurate records in line with college policies and examining body standards.
- Undertake administrative duties associated with study programs or learners, for example parental meetings, open evenings, report writing, or other duties that might become necessary.
The person & qualifications
- You must have a recognised teaching qualification or be willing to work towards one
- Have a minimum of a level 3 qualification in a relevant subject / degree
- Recent experience of teaching Media in one or more of the following: media and film theory, television and film production, audio production, publishing, Adobe Creative Suite and employability within the media industry.
- Must be enthusiastic and inspiring to learners
- Must have an enhanced DBS on the update service or within 12 months (or be willing to apply for one)
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.