We at Protocol are recruiting for an established FE college in the Essex area for the New Academic Year. This college are based in the heart of Essex and offer both vocational and professional courses.
Boasting an extensive range of facilities, this college not only have outstanding resources available to students but strive to deliver the highest possible learning experience across the college curriculum.
This college are seeking an experienced Carpentry and Joinery lecturer to join their team on a full-time ongoing basis in the New Academic Year. The successful candidate will not only hold vast experience of delivering high-quality and dynamic learning but a strong industry background and willingness to support students at every stage of their academic journey.
- Maintains a climate conducive to learning.
- Creates a climate for mutual planning with learners through effective communication, negotiation and advice.
- Diagnoses learners’ needs and identifies potential barriers to learning.
- Designs programme content to satisfy identified learning needs.
- Contributes to the development of new programmes of study and programme plans.
- Writes programme aims and objectives.
- Devises assessment specifications.
- Conducts student follow-up, particularly the evaluation of curriculum aims in relation to student outcomes.
- Assists in the design of individual action plans and negotiates individual students’ performance objectives
- Helps learners identify and resolve matters which impede their progress.
- Maintains appropriate files and records.
- Controls resources as directed by Head of Department.
The person & qualifications
- Hold previous teaching experience across levels 1-3 within Carpentry and Joinery
- Recent Industry experience
- Hold a teaching qualification (Desirable)
- Hold a level 3 qualification in subject area (Carpentry and Joinery)
- Hold a Level 2 qualification in Maths and English
- IT competent
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.