Protocol are currently working alongside a fantastic college in Slough. They have over 300 years of experience and provide over 800 full-time, part-time and apprenticeship courses in various subjects, from entry level through to Higher Education. They are currently searching for an experienced Personal Tutor to join the college up until the 15th November 2019! If this sounds like something you could be interested in, read on and hit APPLY!
- This is a full time teaching/pastoral role delivering up to x 13, 90 minute classroom sessions as well as one to one pastoral work and tracking/monitoring of a caseload of students
- Provide guidance and advice to learners on the availability of support concerning study, financial, and other services to enhance learners’ ability to complete their studies and progress onto an appropriate, positive destination, including university, apprenticeships, training or employment.
- Track the progress of learners and effectively liaise with curriculum areas.
- Provide accurate and timely data and information, including registers, withdrawals and transfers, assessments, and progress reports.
The person & qualifications
- An endorsed teaching/coaching qualification or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of managing learning process
- Ability to demonstrate successful experience in supporting learners to high achievement
- Proven successful experience of supporting learners with barriers to learning in a post 16 environment, including those who are vulnerable and those who have challenging behaviour
- Ability to use IT in a teaching situation
- Demonstrable team work skills
- A DBS on the update service or applied for
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.