Protocol are proud to be working alongside an excellent college based in Windsor! They are currently seeking an Attendance Officer in the Student Services department. This role is full time, from Monday to Friday, 8.30-4.30 pm and the college is offering an hourly rate of between £11 to £14 + Holiday Pay.
For over 300 years, they’ve been placing their learners at the heart of what they do – aiming to empower their students in a supportive environment with a huge array of resources available to both students and the staff there to support them.
By having multiple campuses it truly is the best of both worlds as not only do they have the professional approach of one singular college but they then also have the advantages of being part of a collective group.
- To ensure the effective processing and monitoring of student attendance, maintaining consistent and timely administration of attendance related functions and supporting in the regular review of processes and procedures.
- To support the wider Student Services and College team in the monitoring of attendance reporting (electronic, paper and telephone), the updating of registers and communication to key stakeholders to ensure that system data is accurate.
- To support in the creation and dissemination of attendance reports to senior staff on designated sites or within the College Group as required.
- To work with the Senior Student Services Officer (Attendance) and the Head of Learner Services and Libraries to ensure that the student and parent facing mechanisms for managing attendance are simple, robust and fit for purpose.
- To liaise with curriculum staff, students and parents, providing advice and guidance in relation to attendance monitoring and reporting as necessary and gaining formal feedback for review where appropriate.
- To lead on and support the wider Student Services team in promoting and delivering the ‘Celebration Events’ for students with high attendance, including producing planning documents for the Estates and Resources team, organising prizes and certificates.
- Where appropriate, to send out surveys to collect learner voice in relation to the College’s attendance policy, communication and events and to provide feedback to Senior Staff of the outcome of these surveys.
- To offer day-to-day administrative support within the Student Services Department, on a range of tasks including (but not limited to): Communication with parents, arranging meetings and welcoming visitors on behalf of Student Services staff. Assisting with the inputting of student data. Maintaining noticeboards and literature as required. Maintaining accurate student records including enrolments, course changes, disciplinary and progression information. Providing Student Services reception support including help for students and visitors, call and email handling. Filing of student related paperwork. Assist with College-wide events such as Open Evenings, Parent Evenings and Prize Giving. Preparing and arranging for the distribution of mailings and electronic communication to students and parents.
- Observe at all times strict rules of confidentiality appropriate to the post.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.