Protocol are working with an established and reputable Academy in the East London area to recruit an experienced Science Teacher for September.
The Academy is an academic, inclusive and inspirational environment where innovative thinking and creativity is encouraged and aspirations are raised. Their core values of Hard Work, Integrity and Kindness underpin everything that they do, and from the moment students arrive at the Academy they are asked to live to these values 100% of the time. Their approach of high expectations, rigour and a relentless focus on success means that it is cool to be smart a and all students work hard to reach their full potential.
- Delivering consistently good lessons.
- Ensuring students are engaged with and enjoy Science.
- Raising the attainment of students and promoting Science across the Academy.
- Working with a range of stakeholders, including student consultants, parents, other schools and local and national partners.
- To ensure the potential of all students is fulfilled by planning and delivering stimulating and challenging lessons which meet the needs of all learners.
- To maintain high expectations of students’ behaviour and achievement, and to establish excellent relationships with students.
- To monitor and record the progress of students using Assessment for Learning strategies and in accordance with Academy assessment policies.
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of developments within your subject specialism.
- To work under the direction of the Head of Learning Area for Science to develop the curriculum.
- To contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of the policies and practice of the Academy, including those designed to promote equality of opportunity.
- To contribute to the wider life of the Academy, including the planning and delivery of enrichment activities such as field and residential trips and extra-curricular clubs.
- To contribute to and build partnerships with parents, community groups and local organisations.
- To play a key role in supporting the development of the Academy’s Science provision.
- To ensure the Science classrooms are purposeful, stimulating and safe learning environments
The person & qualifications
- Qualified Teacher Status (or working towards).
- First degree or equivalent.
- Relevant specialist qualifications and experience in your subject specialism with the ability to teach up to key stage 4 or 5.
- Outstanding classroom practitioner.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of curriculum requirements and developments within your subject specialism.
- Evidence of commitment to the principles and policies of equal opportunities.
- Secure knowledge and understanding of a range of Assessment for Learning strategies.
- Secure knowledge and understanding of how to make effective personalised provision for all students, including those for whom English is an additional language and students who have special educational needs.
- Commitment to improving practice through reflection, appropriate professional development and through being open to advice and feedback.
- Evidence of continuing professional development or relevant research.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.