Protocol is delighted to be working with an education provider in South Yorkshire in the recruitment to the position of Head of Department – Business, Warehousing & Logistics.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for the delivery of FE, HE, Apprenticeships and full cost provision across Business, Warehousing & Logistics.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic management team and be able to coach, mentor and influence colleagues at all levels across the department ensuring an outstanding experience for all students and other stakeholders. High levels of management experience are essential to this role as is excellent budget control, along with experience of managing a large work-based learning provision.
- Develop and deliver operational plans that include innovate and engaging strategic initiatives designed to secure the future viability, growth and development of the department.
- Set, agree and achieve appropriate quality and financial targets for the department.
- Maintain high levels of performance across all aspects of the department’s provision.
- Observe and assess the performance of teaching staff.
- Monitor curriculum performance and identify/implement strategies that address any areas of concern.
- Develop appropriate and innovative strategies to maximise income generation and diversity of provision within the Department.
- Develop and be responsible/accountable for the departmental budget.
- Where appropriate, achieve the Department external income target.
- Manage a team of staff to deliver an excellent learning experience for all students.
- Display curriculum leadership skills and act as an effective role model to staff in the performance of their duties.
- Identify and maintain links with relevant academic bodies/industry/commerce to maintain the range and relevance of provision within the Department.
- Provide and analyse appropriate data sets.
The person & qualifications
- Relevant degree or relevant equivalent industry recognised occupational qualificatoin.
- Management qualification (desirable).
- Formal Teaching qualification (e.g. Cert Ed. PGCE etc).
- Experience of leading and improving a team.
- Experience of leading a curriculum in an Ofsted inspection and delivering “outstanding” (desirable).
- Experience of managing a large work-based learning provision.
- Experience of teaching in FE.
- Demonstrable experience of improving quality in a curriculum department.
- Experience of managing budgets.
- Experience of coaching or mentoring others.
- Experience of an FE Ofsted inspection (achieving “Good” or better).
- A proven track record of managing performance improvement and delivering change.
- Understanding of the Ofsted Education Inspection Framework.
- An understanding of the curriculum strands (learner responsive, apprenticeships, HE) and opportunities in the relevant area.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.