Protocol are working with an Ofsted Grade 1 training provider based in West Cumbria and is part of the City & Guilds group. They provide a diverse range of employer-led training, including degree apprenticeships, accredited degree courses and postgraduate programmes. The company has established strong partnerships with academia including the University of Manchester and University of Cumbria.
Main purpose of the job:
Conduct Internal Quality Assurance of the Teaching Assistant qualifications and Business Administration, Management/Team Leading, Functional Skills & IT qualifications.
Essential Skills & Qualifications
This is a highly specialist role that will require the following core competencies:
- Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice, or Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice, or equivalent V1 or D34 qualification.
- Current working knowledge and experience of best practice in assessment/quality assurance.
- Occupationally competent in Supporting Teaching & Learning, Business and IT Skills.
- English and Maths qualifications at Level 2 or above.
- Experience of Team Leading or Management.
- Experience of Internal Quality Assurance (min 3 years).
- Effective communication, organisation and planning skills.
- Proficient in using an e-portfolio.
- Proficient in MS Office particularly Excel, able to create and work with complex Excel spreadsheets.
- Initiative to be able to develop and improve systems and procedures.
- Actively contribute to the achievement of the Self-Assessment and Quality Improvement Plan.
- Proven ability to maintain and develop positive working relationships both internally and externally.
- Present a positive and professional image at all times.
- Maintain occupational competencies by attending informal/formal training.
- Strong attention to detail with high level organisational skills and self-management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to prioritise workloads.
- Effective team working skills and collaboration in efficient task management.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.