Protocol are proud to work with one of the largest providers of education and training in Norfolk and Cambridgeshire to recruit for a permanent Geography Lecturer (0.5 FTE) to start in the new academic year.
The client is focused on developing students skills and talents to prepare them for work or university. The ethos is “changing lives through learning” and as one of the largest providers of education and training in Norfolk and Cambridgeshire, they provide the widest range of vocational courses, apprenticeships, A-levels, degrees and part-time recreational courses for everyone.
- Prepares schemes and plans and conducts teaching/learning activities appropriate to the needs of the individual students in line with Health and Safety requirements.
- Prepares, marks and records relevant coursework and assessment.
- Tutors and guides students with regard to their academic progress.
- Contributes to student reports, records of achievement and references.
- Liaises with appropriate employers and external bodies.
- Teach on a range of course/programmes within Geography.
The person & qualifications
- You must have a Degree in Geography or a related subject and experience of teaching Geography in a school, FE or HE.
- You must hold a relevant teaching qualification or be committed to obtaining one at level 5 within the first 3 years of employment.
- You must hold a Level 2 English and Maths (GCSE A*-C/9-4) or equivalent or be willing to obtain within 18 months of employment.
- You must hold a DBS on the update service or dated within the previous 12 months.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.