Protocol are proudly working with South Staffordshire College to recruit an enthusiastic, flexible and experienced Mechanical Engineering Lecturer to be based at their Tamworth & Cannock Campus’ on a full-time sessional basis.
The ideal candidate will be able to instruct on practical turning, milling and bench work in a workshop environment, as well as conduct theory sessions for mechanical principles and principles of engineering technology (preferably CAD/CAM).
The excellent facilities and competitive rate of pay reflects the colleges desire to continue with their recent significant improvements by hiring only the best and most dedicated tutors & Support staff out there. If you are a dynamic and enthusiastic lecturer, apply today and a Protocol Consultant will get in contact with more information!
Why work with South Staffordshire College?
- They are officially the best college in the West Midlands for apprenticeship achievement and well above the national average.
- All their campuses are easy to get to, by public and college transport.
- You get to make the most of great facilities – with their Animal Zone, Wedge art gallery, motor vehicle workshop, restaurants, fully equipped music recording studios, salons, collaborative and inspiring learning spaces, gym and a new investment into Agricultural Technology.
- They work in partnership with some of the best employers.
- They’ve invested in the most cutting edge technology, Google Apps for Education (G Suite) including GMail and cloud storage for every student.
- Deliver exceptional teaching and learning and motivate, inspire and engage learners
- Produce engaging schemes of work and lesson plans
- Setting, marking and recording of students work including assessments as necessary
- Maintenance of class registers, work programmes and records in your area of work
- To positively contribute to a safe learning and work environment ensuring compliance with Health and Safety and Safeguarding Policy and Procedure
The person & qualifications
- A teaching qualification
- Previous experience teaching Mechanical Engineering up to Level 3 (to include: Turning, milling, benchwork and preferably CAD/CAM)
- Level 3 qualified in Engineering
- (Desirable) Level 4 in Mechanical Engineering
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.