Protocol are delighted to invite a skilled Carpentry and Joinery Tutor Assessor to deliver and assess to learners undertaking the qualification from levels 1-3 based in Greater Manchester.
The College is a great career choice for ambitious professionals. With a “good” Ofsted rating, a Silver “TEF” assessment for the higher education provision, one of the best apprenticeship programmes in the region!
We are seeking candidates who are passionate about Carpentry & Joinery and have the drive and motivation to help learners to progress in their careers, increase their employability and support their personal development. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Carpentry & Joinery, experience of teaching/assessing, and have strong organisational and communication skills in order to inspire and educate learners.
This position will be working full time (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm) until permanent recruitment.
- Operate within an employer focused/skills for work framework offering initial assessment and ongoing assessment and advisory services to a caseload of work-based and NVQ learners – including apprentices and employed workers (e.g. adult apprentices)
- Develop innovative and stimulating teaching and learning materials for use in a range of delivery modes.
- Contribute to the promotion of excellence in teaching and learning, working as part of a team in the Department.
- Responsible for the organisation of teaching and learning for a specific assignment of learners.
The person & qualifications
- Recognised Assessor’s Award (TDLB Assessor/verifier awards D32, D33, D34 or the new A&V Awards)
- Hold a NVQ Level 3 Carpentry & Joinery qualification
- Recognised teaching qualification (or willingness to train for this and achieve within 2 years).
- At least 2 years experience delivering and assessing Carpentry and Joinery up to level 3
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.