Protocol are proud to be working exclusively in partnership with JTL, a not for profit charity and the leading work based learning provider in the building services engineering sector across England and Wales and currently serve approximately 8000 apprentices and 3,800 in 7 regions.
Diversity and Quality is key to everything JTL do, they are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Leaders in Safeguarding, a Disability Confident employer, Investors in People since 1995 and currently hold an Ofsted Good rating and have been awarded several special Awards in recognition of the work they do.
Our client is now looking to recruit a Contract Manager with an understanding of Apprenticeships to cover the North West to co-ordinate and support college and training centre provision ensuring it is cost effective, of the highest quality and safeguards the welfare of our learners, in all respects, always.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities of the role:
- Co-ordinate and conduct regular monitoring of all Training Centres/Colleges in accordance with agreed corporate monitoring standards, escalating any issues appropriately in a timely manner.
- Negotiate tenders, manage and reconcile Training Centre/College contracts following corporate guidelines, agreeing Annual Financial agreements, and ensuring accurate fees are invoiced and paid.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with our Training Centres/Colleges handling and escalating any complaints or dissatisfaction where appropriate in a timely manner.
- Monitor the region to identify where potential new or additional Training Centres or subcontract relationships may be required and escalate this to the Assistant Manager as the business requires it.
- Ensure the highest quality service is provided always in line with customer service expectations with both internal and external customers.
- Act as the regional liaison for Equality & Diversity including promoting applicants from diverse groups to employers, reporting E&D and Safeguarding issues and conducting regional E&D activities to promote JTL and the Sector. Actively engage with ALN, Safeguarding and E&D departments as and when required.
- Be the point of contact for regional ambassadors, liaising, supporting and attending ambassador activities as required.
- Responsible for the development and distribution of training centre/College
- Co-ordinate and deliver, when necessary, JTL apprentice inductions using appropriate documentation including familiarisation of PREVENT and 20%.
- Monitor and manage BKSB delivery at Training Centres and Colleges, ensuring all documentation, including financial documentation, is processed within the agreed timeframe where required.
- Ensure effective communication of customer feedback to all teams in the company.
- Manage the placement of new recruits into the most appropriate college and stream as employer’s recruit. Keep progress tracking up to date accurately and disseminate to a wider group upon request. Closely manage and update absence trackers, communicating timely through the correct channels.
- Actively engages in other such duties, under the discretion of the Head of Monitoring, as and when necessary.
Essential Requirements for the role:
- Minimum of five O Level/GCSEs, or equivalent, including Maths and English (A-C) grades A-C, 9 – 4 or equivalent.
- Strong time management, organisation and administration skills
- Excellent IT skills including the use and manipulation of spreadsheets/databases and use of mail merge.
- Good understanding of current safeguarding and equality legislation.
- Driving Licence and use of a car
- Recognised Health & Safety qualification (IOSH Managing Safely)
- Knowledge of the administration of BKSB, 20%, PREVENT
- Good working knowledge of JTL work-based contracts
- Good working knowledge or experience of work-based learning and/or government funded training provision.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.