Protocol are proud to announce that we are currently working with a well established college within the Essex area, currently delivering to over 8,000 students – their aim is to support each students individual skills in order to help launch and develop their careers.
They are currently seeking a Lecturer in Groundworks to work on a full time permanent basis.
The successful candidate will hold a level 3 qualification (or equivalent) in a Ground Working/Civil Engineering based discipline and will also have significant industrial experience within the ground working/civil engineering sector.
With both full-time and part-time as well as Apprenticeships courses available – they aim to deliver the best support possible to help students achieve their full potential.
- To conduct teaching/learning and assessment activities appropriate to the needs of individual students, courses and the curriculum, keeping attendance records and maintaining student discipline, speaking with employers and other stakeholders.
- To set, mark and record relevant coursework and assessments.
- Maintain high expectations of learners work, commitment, and behaviour, taking action to ensure the highest of standards are met.
- To continuously evaluate and improve the quality of learning and teaching within your sessions utilising and engaging with the college’s development and observation programme.
- Adhere to and promote the College’s Safeguarding, Equality & Diversity and Health & Safety policies and practices.
The person & qualifications
- Level 3 qualification in a Ground Working/Civil Engineering based discipline, with significant industry experience.
- Teaching qualification or a willingness to complete one.
- Level 2 qualification in English and Maths.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.