Protocol is delighted to be recruiting for an experienced Health & Safety Advisor within a further education provider in London. The position is part time, working 18 hours per week, with flexible working hours to be negotiated. You will be working closely with the Executive Director Resources team to lead and advise on all aspects of health & safety management within the college.
Salary: £18,000 – £20,000
The person & qualifications
- Has a relevant qualification (for example NEBOSH) in health & safety management or is currently studying for a qualification.
- Has a proven knowledge of current health & safety legislation and possesses relevant practical experience.
- Is able to demonstrate the ability to provide proportionate and measured professional health and safety advice and support.
- You will need an Enhanced DBS on the updated Service.
- Develop, review, maintain and update the college’s on-line health & safety training modules, working with the Professional Development Coordinator.
- Manage the approved health and safety budgets on a day-to-day basis and provide recommendations concerning any annual capital spend on health and safety works/equipment for consideration.
- Maintain an oversight of health & safety statutory compliance across the and raise any compliance issues identified. Areas include (but are not limited to), LOLER, Work Equipment, Pressure systems, Electrical systems, LEV, Fire, Water Hygiene (legionella), TM44, Portable Appliance testing, Fixed Wiring tests and other statutory testing of Mechanical & Electrical plant.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs
The legal bit…
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.