Join a forward thinking and rapidly expanding apprenticeship team at a north east based university. This role is ideal for someone with a background in supporting apprentices to reach end point assessment stage, whilst liaising with some market leading employers.
The position is ongoing with the likelihood of a permanent placement.
- To provide evidence on behaviour, underpinning knowledge, work based learning & overall progress for each apprentice.
- To provide coaching and skills support to ensure successful completion of EPA.
- To conduct tripartite reviews with the apprentice line manager and apprentice as often and appropriate to successfully complete EPA.
- To support the development and progression of designated apprentices.
- To highlight any operational issues for the line manager to progress as appropriate.
- To set achievable tasks and provide support throughout the apprentice journey including assisting the apprentice to be prepared for Vendor qualification, end assessment, and other knowledge tests
- To support employers in understanding their responsibilities relating to on and off job training required by the apprentice.
- To provide pastoral support to apprentices as required advising on areas such as mitigating circumstances and extensions.
- To recognise additional learning needs and signpost apprentices to any specialist support as needed.
- To provide advice and guidance where necessary regarding Safeguarding and Prevent to support apprentices and be responsible for ensuring that the work place provides a safe environment by completing Health and Safety Assessments.
- To communicate effectively with apprentices using appropriate tools and hold regular meetings (frequencies to be agreed with your line manager) with apprentices, their employers and academic staff.
- To work with academic colleagues supporting the agreement of on and off job development plans with the learners and monitor and record progress with this to ensure that the University remains compliant
- To participate in relevant professional development.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Business Development Manager (Apprenticeships)
The person & qualifications
- Minimum Level 4 qualified in assessing
- Flexible to work online or face to face (Dependent on location)
- Digital skills background an advantage
- Knowledge of the apprenticeship processes/ funding / regulations
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.