FE – Sports Lecturer – Boston, Lincolnshire
Founded in 1999, our client is the UK’s largest provider of education and skills training within the sports and active childcare sector working with grassroots Academies through to Premiership Football Clubs such as West Ham Foundation, Premiership Rugby and Elite Cricket Clubs, positively impacting the future prospects of children and young people.
Responsible for ensuring delivery of an educational programme, developing loyalty from existing customers by delivering excellence in everything. As part of this role the FE Sports Lecturer will be involved in working with learners on a group or on a one-to-one basis, delivering all aspects of qualification.
- Identify and progress new topic areas, courses and teaching materials whilst maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge
- Lead, inspire and support learners with different abilities
- Mark work, giving appropriate feedback and maintain records of learner progress and development
- Devise and oversee examinations, ensure regular contact with the Quality Trainer (IV) to ensure quality standards are met
- Ensure all learners are progress through their qualification adhering to schemes of work
- Maintain regular communication with Key Stakeholders on learner progress
- Carry out a pastoral role as a personal tutor to learners
- Identify and plan additional support for learners as necessary
- Act as a Company representative at parents’ evenings, taster days, open days and careers or education conventions
- Interview potential learners and conduct assessments as necessary
- Manage learner behavior and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of unacceptable behavior
- Level 5 / QTLS/ PGCE Qualified
- FS L1 & 2 Math & English delivery experience
- GCSE Math & English delivery Experience
- Ability to deliver engaging M & E lessons online (all levels of qualifications)
- Ability to travel at short notice
- Ability to deliver lessons in the evening
- Ability to deliver CPD training to staff
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to develop a close and effective working
- Strong interpersonal skills including, motivational, negotiating, influencing and networking
- Genuine interest and enthusiasm for the teaching and learning agenda within Further Education
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the current FE skills sector
- Competent & extensive IT skills
- Enhanced DBS Check
- Clean driving licence and access to own car
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We are more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we have got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received, then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.