Protocol is delighted to be recruiting for an experienced Industrial Placement Coordinator in the Oxford Area, The Industrial placement coordinator will have responsibility to contact employers and arrange Industrial Placements for learners in a range of. With the development and phased introduction of T Levels, the college is introducing Industrial Placements for students studying; Engineering; IT; and Business and Health & Social Care. The postholder will be involved in contacting employers to arrange industrial placements for students and monitoring the students’ progress, via visits, when they are at the employer.
Hours: 37 per week, Permanent, Term Time Only, 40 weeks a year
Salary: From £25,000 per annum (pro rata for part time)
The person & qualifications
- Industry experience in placing young people in work experience placements and monitoring their progress while they are with their employer
- The ability to work successfully with a wide variety of learners and employers
- Professional approach with excellent communication, organisation and time management skills.
- The ability to support students to develop their employability skills
- To support staff in providing a quality learning experience for all learners ensuring that learners are prepared for, placed and supported in suitable work placements
- Establish and maintain links with employers to provide suitable work placements in a variety of work settings.
- To ensure that Health & Safety visits are carried out and that placements meet the college’s & legislative Health & Safety requirements prior to placement
- Set up placements for students in accordance with course specifications
- Complete Disclosure and Barring Forms with students and ensure these are returned prior to students starting work placement, keeping accurate records to ensure that all learners complete the DBS process.
- Monitor placement attendance and hours totals
- Meet KPIs set by the college for placements
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first. We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone. Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs
The legal bit…
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.