Protocol are pleased to present a great opportunity for a dynamic individual qualified in Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) to join a forward-thinking College in Nottinghamshire as a Specialist Trainer to teach, challenge, support and coach further education students who are studying their CIPS Apprenticeships.
Specialist Trainers have a distinctive mix of talent. They are sector relevant, having gained significant expertise to know their sector inside out, being ‘credible’ in their field. They are ingenious at imparting knowledge and skill to others, bringing alive and sharing their sector expertise in a way that will develop our apprentices to become experts in their own right. They are equally comfortable engaging with the managing director of the business as they are the apprentice. You will support apprentices in purchasing and supply settings across a variety of sectors.
This role may suit someone wanting a career change that has already built up a strong background in procurement. Assessing training can be given.
This position is part-time, 22.2 hours per week (on a flexible basis).
- You will design a bespoke delivery programme that will support the apprentice to meet all of the knowledge, skills and behaviours required of their apprenticeship standard. Working in conjunction with the employer you will tailor your delivery to compliment the learning, development and continuous assessment being managed by the employer and support the employer to do this effectively.
- Utilise your professional knowledge and skill to regularly review the apprentice’s progress against the standard and in conjunction with the apprentice and employer, make informed judgements that clearly demonstrate that the apprentice is deemed competent against the relevant requirements of that standard.
- Prepare the apprentice to be able to demonstrate consistently that they have met the required sector set professional standards enabling them to be supported through gateway to end point assessment. This will include supporting the employer to confidently decide at what point this will take place.
- You are expected to take charge of making sure your sector skills are current and that you keep up to date with developments, legislation and thinking in your occupational area and will record your CPD on the colleges HR system.
The person & qualifications
- Level 3 Qualified in relevant sector (as a minimum).
- English to at least level 2 / Maths to at least level 2
- Evidence of delivering high quality and effective learning outcomes on time and to standard
- (Desirable) A1 Award (Assessor) or equivalent#
- (Desirable) V1 Award (Verifier) or equivalent
- (Desirable) Teaching qualification (or willing to work towards)
- (Desirable) Evidence of providing learning to groups and individuals
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.