Protocol are currently working with a fantastic provider of Further Education to recruit for a permanent Job Coach in the East London area.
This client has excellent links with businesses, professionals and industry experts. Last rated as GOOD in April 2016, the client is consistently investing to keep up with its students demands. By providing industry standard learning environments and access to new and rapidly advancing technologies, the college is proud to offer students with expansive opportunities in their chosen fields.
- The post holder will provide high quality and appropriately targeted support to enable young people with specific learning difficulties, learning and other disabilities to successfully engage with supported internships, work placements, carry out tasks at work and develop their independence and ability to progress to work in future. The role also includes engaging with and supporting employers to source and set up new placements and ensure that appropriate health and safety, safeguarding and monitoring processes are in place.
- The post holder will also liaise with families and young people to ensure placements and arrangements are clear alongside keeping records of progress towards planned outcomes.
You will need to have:
- 1st Degree or equivalent. (Desirable)
- A L4 teaching qualification (CET) (Desirable)
- Training in Systematic Instruction (Desirable)
- Level 2 English and maths (Desirable, but a commitment to achieve)
- Experience of supporting young people with SEND to develop work skills (Essential)
- Experience of supporting young people with SEND in the workplace, on work experience or on Supported Internship programmes (Essential)
- Experience of working with a range of partners to run successful learning programmes (Essential)
- Experience of running social enterprise projects with people with SEND (Desirable)
- Experience of keeping records related to learner progress (Essential)
- Experience of liaising with young people and families to arrange placements and to give feedback (Essential)
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.