Protocol are delighted to be working with Sandwell College, a fantastic leading organisation who are a large, successful, richly diverse and growing college based on the outskirts of Birmingham. They have achieved significant success over recent years and have further, big ambitions for the future with just under 6,000 students currently studying with them. Having achieved significant success over recent years they have further, big ambitions for the future with a high number of students currently studying with us. Resources are second to none and students speak with real passion about the college.
We seek a Senior Assistant Principal Curriculum Development & Innovation whose role is lo lead, develop and innovate key areas of the curriculum, particularly regarding new approaches to qualification delivery and potential pilot developments.
- Review the composition of, and current approaches to, curriculum provision primarily for 16-18 students in response to policy change and direction and the signs of intent from the Department for Education (DfE) to qualification review and reform.
- Assess, analyse and advise upon the work of stakeholders including local authorities, regional improvement bodies and collaboratives, national bodies and agencies to identify and assess opportunities and developments and their impact on institutions.
- Promote and embed the work of the college to a range of internal and external stakeholders including employers.
Successful candidates will have:
- Highly developed knowledge and understanding of the education sector including a good grasp on the proposed change to defund particular qualifications
- Successful, significant and proven experience of working effectively in managing a broad range of curriculum
- Proven track record in innovating and developing the curriculum offer
- Demonstrable curriculum management experience, including managing curriculum change and a variety of provision (eg vocational, A Level and apprenticeships)
For more information including a job description and person specification, contact David Beynon on 07970042334 or email email@example.com
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.