Job Title – Permanent Supported Employment Advisor (Maternity Cover)
Salary – £23,515
Hours – 37 hours per week, all year round
Contract – Permanent
Location – Peterborough
QRS are working with the IEG group and are looking to recruit for a Permanent Supported employment Advisor on a fixed term contract – 12 months. The job purpose is to enable and support young people to find paid employment of over 16 hours per week. To engage with young people in school and college, to support them to gain supported work experience that leads to paid employment. Work with employers to create a positive and successful working environment
Your main duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following areas:
- Provide advice and support to the employer to ensure they understand the best approach in employing a young person with additional needs
- Work flexibly as required to support young people to be trained in their job, including evening and weekends if required.
- Provide ongoing support in the work place to the young person and the employer at regular agreed intervals.
- Engage with an identified group of young people in college to ensure they understand that getting a job is possible and positive
- Work with lecturers and support staff to ensure supported work experience opportunities are offered to young people with LDA/EHCP’s
- Adhere to the National Occupational Standards for supported employment.
- Develop a personal vocational profile with young people to identify their route into employment
- Provide information and support to families to raise aspirations and expectations for a fulfilling life that includes employment
- Work with local employers to identify employment opportunities that match the skills and interests of the young person
- Secure and agree a working interview that will lead to paid employment
- Undertake job analysis and risk assessments in the work place
- Train the young person to learn and succeed at the job using systematic instruction
- Agree natural support within the employment setting (work place mentor)
- Support young people to travel independently, wherever possible
What do we need from you?
- Educated to Level 3 in relevant subject area.
- Experience of working with young people with moderate to severe learning disabilities
- English and Maths Level 2 minimum
- Knowledge of supported employment
Normal working hours of 8.30am to 5.00 pm Monday to Thursday, and 8.30am to 4.30pm on Fridays.
If you are interested in this role, please send across your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org