Protocol are recruiting for a Retention and Welfare Officer who will liaise closely with students, parents and external support agencies to gather and record information relating to any barriers to attendance or learning. They will alert any safeguarding concerns to colleagues in line with the safeguarding policy.
- To work with curriculum teams to identify and support students who are ‘at risk of leaving’.
- Ensure there is a timely and effective ‘at risk’ referral system is in place.
- To work with curriculum teams to implement and follow through action plans with ‘at risk’ students to ensure they can remain on programme and improve their attendance.
- To provide advice and guidance to staff on welfare and mental health issues and any relevant policy updates.
- To provide advice, guidance, and support to students on a range of welfare issues including but not limited to; financial support, housing, physical health and mental/emotional health.
- To play a key role in the implementation of the College’s Attendance and Punctuality Policy and where required to work with Senior Management and CLT across the organisation to meet college expectations and benchmarks.
- Maintain close links with specialist statutory and non-statutory external agencies and develop effective referral systems. Ensure ‘Welfare Checks and data’ are responded to quickly and via the council’s online portals.
The person & qualifications
- Level 3 qualification in Business Admin or Customer Services or relevant recent experience
- Level 2 English and maths
- Level 3 Safeguarding Training
- Ability to work with data showing a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to lead change, meet deadlines and prioritise workload
- Display initiative, be positive and enthusiastic
- Experience of working with external partners
- Experience of recording data in a timely and accurate manner
- Experience of using and maintaining databases and IT systems to record data
- Experience of delivering high quality information, advice and guidance
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.