Protocol are excited to be working with a Further Education College based in the South Yorkshire area who are recruiting for a passionate WPSC in Bricklaying.
This is a PERMANENT full time role working 37 hours per week. The ideal candidate will support and enhance the apprentice and employer experience through effective skills coaching and tutoring.
The skills coach will be a subject matter specialist and will be required to visit each apprentice once every quarter for the entire duration of their programme. They will also be required to have regular ongoing contact with all learners & employers and to complete
all the relevant paperwork and update all records relating to learner progress.
This job will involve extensive traveling, as apprentices must be visited at their place of employment. A driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential for this position.
The salary is up to £33,000 + another potential £3,000 performance related pay.
- To support learners to provide evidence on behaviours, underpinning knowledge, work based skills, learning & overall progress for each apprentice.
- To provide coaching and skills support to ensure successful timely completion of End Point Assessment (EPA).
- Work with curriculum colleagues to check learner progress is to agreed targets in preparation of tripartite reviews.
- To conduct regular tripartite reviews with the apprentice line manager and apprentice to successfully complete timely EPA.
- To support the development and progression of a caseload of apprentices through onsite workplace visits in the creation of showcase evidence such as observations, reflective accounts, witness testimonies, professional discussions and any further evidence to support EPA requirements, this evidence will be documented within the e-portfolio OneFile.
- To highlight & document any operational issues to the line manager which may affect learner progression as appropriate.
- To set achievable tasks and provide support throughout the apprentice journey including assisting the apprentice to be prepared for any applicable qualification including functional skills, end point assessment, and other relevant achievement documentation
- To support employers in understanding & documenting their responsibilities relating to on and off job training requirements of the apprentice.
- To provide pastoral support to apprentices as required including on & off the job training/e-portfolio usage and any additional support needs & strategies.
- To provide advice, guidance & training regarding Safeguarding, British Values, Prevent and Equality & Diversity and be responsible for ensuring that the workplace provides an ongoing safe environment.
- To meet with the employer & learner to agree EPA readiness
- General administration tasks including; ensuring accurate learner data within all software packages, monitoring learner attendance & targets, completing all required documentation within the agreed timescales and regular use of Outlook calendars.
- To participate & document in all professional development as required.
The person & qualifications
- Experience in assessing within Apprenticeship frameworks.
- Experience of working in the business environment/appropriate working environment.
- Experience of supporting learners through assignments and assessments.
- Vocationally relevant qualification at Level 3 or above.
- Maths and English at Level 2 or above.
- ICT at Level 2 or above (or willingness to work towards)
- An assessment qualification D32/D33 A1 or TAQA (or willingness to work towards).
- Appropriate teaching qualification (desirable but not essential).
- Be willing to work evenings if required.
- A DBS on the update service (or be willing to apply for a new one).
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first. We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone. Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.