Protocol are looking for an experienced Administrator to provide efficient clerical, administrative and customer focussed support to one of our clients in South Yorkshire. This is a full-time role on a short term, temporary basis until the end of July 2019 – this may be extended.
The hours are Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5pm; some flexibility may be required on occasion.
• The provision of information, advice and guidance on administrative issues to staff and students
• Handling student work in accordance with college policy
• To provide basic office maintenance (e.g. photocopier, faxes, basic faults)
• Working with staff to process and monitor student administration documents in accordance with college policies and procedures.
• To organise meetings, committees, student disciplinaries and other events, arranging all the necessary requirements and to prepare, create and distribute all relevant documentation, including the taking of minutes
• To provide administrative support to department/academy in the form of photocopying, faxing, creating and maintaining effective filing systems and deal with all incoming and outgoing post.
The person & qualifications
• Has experience of working with confidential materials and or issues
• Has a minimum of 2 years’ experience in an administrative role
• Good administrative and information technology skills, including experience of accurate data input
• Has the ability to absorb new procedures and techniques with a willingness to undertake further training
• Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, in order to deal effectively and appropriately with staff, students and external bodies
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.