Do you have experience working with 14 – 16 provision?
Do you have experience working as a Progress Coach?
A fantastic full time long term position is now available at a college based in Merseryside.
Protocol are looking to recruit a Progress coach to start as soon as possible. The ideal candidate will be resilient and well versed in dealing with classroom and behaviour management.
- Provide a high level of pastoral support to students, acting as pastoral lead for a year group, taking responsibility for the delivery of all tutorials and meetings with parents and agencies as required.
- Ensure the consistent implementation of policies within the 14 – 16 College relating to behaviour and progression.
- Develop resources and materials to meet pastoral needs of learners and deliver effective group tutorials.
- Promote the use of technology by learners, including the college’s virtual learning environment, to enable independent learning at any time or place.
- Take responsibility for the pastoral care and well being of students conducting one to one meetings with learners to resolve personal and academic issues to maximise retention and
- Ensure key outcomes; attendance, punctuality, behaviour, achievement and destination are consistently good or outstanding for learners in the designated year group providing regular reports to the curriculum leadership team.
The person & qualifications
- You must have previous experience in a Progress Coach related role.
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with students and staff.
- Ability to deliver high quality tutorial support.
- Possess sufficient breadth and/or depth of specialist knowledge to teach pastoral related subjects.
- Experience of working with young people aged 14-16 years.
- You must hold a valid DBS on the Update Service or be willing to apply for one.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.